Thursday, October 7, 2010

September 22, 2010

I think this is the first time transfer day snuck up on me.  I am staying in Pres Prud with Elder Almeida.  I forgot my planner at the house, I will do my best to remember what happened this last week.
So, we having been teaching this guy named Marcelo.  Everyone lesson we have with with is super freaking spiritual.  I think he will be baptized before the next transfer.  I hope he doesn't end up with some problems with the Law of Chastity.  That is often a problem.  We found this married couple, Gildo and Vera.  It just so happens Vera makes slippers,  she made me two awesome pairs.  They are a great family, we will see how it goes with them.  We have only taught them one time, so we don't know much about them yet.  Saturday we went out and did contacts in the street with some of the members.  We only had three people show up, not a big success.  On Sunday we had lunch at the District Pres.'s house, the 2nd counselor was there, also.  I had to give the message.  I was a bit nervous, but it was good.  Monday was the day I took everyone out to eat at a churrascaria.  It was some good stuff, except for the price at the end. Haha  It cost me about 222 reais, but it was a nice and wonderful thing to so.
It is hard to feel like a Brazilian, because everyone always reminds me I am an American.  I have started dreaming in Portuguese some of the time.
I love you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment