Thursday, October 21, 2010

October 6th, 2010

This week was way amazing for me, I had so many good experiences.  First would be conference weekend.  I loved a lot of the talks.  I think the one that helped me the most was President Uchtdorf's talk about needing to slow down our lives.  It truly helped me, he said the four most important relationships in our lives are with God, our families, our fellowmen, and ourselves.  Ourselves, this one was the one that hit me.  I am one of those people that argues with myself about things, I can bring myself down by not being positive or expecting too much of myself.  This talk helped me to understand how I can help myself become better and happier.
Elder Galdino got here last night and will be here until Thursday.  I get to spend the day with him on Thursday, which should be awesome. He has been my favorite and best companion.  He is definitely one of my best friends now. 
This week was good.  We were in a trio until Saturday, which really is just annoying, because we have to work two areas.  On Monday Elder Almeida and I changed how we are going to work the area.  This area has been very difficult for a while, for that reason we have changed how we are going to work so that we can receive the blessings from our Heavenly Father.  I think that we already have.  Monday, we walked a butt load to a referral that was brought to us from a different city.  This guy named Bonatto and he asked us how did we know his name.  But, he was really accepting and friendly with us.  He loved the message we brought, he was all like come on Saturday so you can teach my wife about this too.  It was a good experience and I think it will be a blessing for us.  The other blessing we received really changed my thought process about my mission and life.  We went to a referral, Vivian, but the address did not exist.  The member who gave it to us said there most be something wrong, because Vivian was so interested in hearing about the gospel.  We went back and planned on knocking every door until we found her.  Funny part of the story, we were on the wrong street the whole time.  But, we found her house and taught her the first lesson.  Elder Almeida taught the first part and I taught about Joseph Smith.  As I was teaching the spirit was so strong, stronger than I have ever felt in my entire life.  As I explained about the first vision, she just said "Wow."  I knew in that moment that she felt the spirit, that this was something that she wants in her life. I truly know this is the true church of Jesus Christ.  That He called a 14 year old boy, Joseph Smith, to restore His gospel on the earth.  I am so thankful, really, for this opportunity I have been given.  I know for sure that this is where I should be and that I have been called of God to be here.
Haha, I can't believe BYU lost to Utah State.  Why is it that the year I'm not that there in the states is the year that BYU is totally sucking and the Utes are dominating?  But it's all good.
I love you so much.  I am so thankful for everything that was given to me in my life and for this wonderful experience that I have been living right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment