Sunday, October 31, 2010

October 18th, 2010

Hello, I am doing great here in Pres Prud.  Things with our investigators are going about the same, they are all super, super flaky and I just don't know how I can change that.  It is strange to get a new comp in the middle of a transfer,  you are not quite prepared for it.  My new comp is good.  His name is Elder Van Orden, he is from St. George and seems pretty cool.  He speaks the language pretty good for his second transfer, so that is good.  this week was just rough because I had to take on a whole new list of responsibilities and well, it just wasn';t a great week.  We did a ton of walking and contacting people, but we don't have a strong area that we can go to everyday.  I worry about my comp a little. Sometimes he seems like he doesn't really care about the people, he just wants to baptize and make sure he has high numbers.  I noticed this while we were doing contacts ans talking to people.  He wasn't interested in returning to that persons house if they didn't seem like the perfect contact.  Maybe that's why he got transferred here, to learn a little more patients in this harder area.
We had interviews with Pres. Tavares on Saturday.  That went very well.  He told me that he has a lot of confidence in me and thinks that I am a great missionary.  That made me feel happy.  I also gave my first baptismal interview and I was nervous.  I didn't help that he didn't pass because of certain things that he did in his life, but yeah.
I have no idea what has happened with Marcello and Vivian, both of them have like vanished.  Elder Van Orden wants to just cut them, but I am not ready to do that.  They both have so much potential. 
I received my package.  I was so excited for the Heyward jersey, it is awesome.  The shoes are also wonderful.  I took a picture of them next to my old ones, it is really quite hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment