Saturday, October 23, 2010

October 12th, 2010

Everything in Pres Prud is good, I am getting a new companion tomorrow.  This morning we received a phone to tell us we were having an emergency transfer today.  Elder Almeida was transferred to Foz.  My new comp is getting here tomorrow morning, his name is Elder Van Orden.  I am a little nervous because he is an American and this is his second transfer.  It looks like I may have to do most of the talking.  But I am super excited for this experience that I have been given now.
This past week was quite interesting.  We had so many strong investigators that, well, just don't want to go to church.  It is kind of nerve wracking when that happens, you don't know how much more you can do for them if they won't come to church.  That Vivian that we taught was so strong, but in the end she didn't want to come to church, so it has made things very difficult.  She even told us that she know the church was true, she knew the second we gave her a Book of Mormon.  I need to find a way to help her.  Marcello has liked disappeared.  He has always been hard to teach because he works a ton.  But now he has a girl friend and we haven't talked to him in a couple weeks.  Vera and Gildo (the slipper lady) are also having a hard time coming to church.  Things have been hard for a while and Pres. Tavares has talked about closing the area is things don't pick up.  It is hard because we have so many good contacts, who know they have been taught the truth, but they don;t want to do their part.  We really need to step up the work here.
My day with Elder Galdino was way good.  He helped me out a ton.  He did get his package from you and was really happy and excited about it.
No!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe the Braves are out of the playoffs. oh well, next year.  Now I have to root for SF and Texas.
I can't believe that I am having my 1st Halloween out of the house, but it's all good.
Big news:  My P-Day is now Monday.  Tell everyone.
I love you guys so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment