Saturday, May 29, 2010

May 25, 2010

Everything in Brazil is fantastic!! Thank you for the updates on everything, I love hearing them. I can't believe the bass player of Slipknot died, what is this?!?

That is cool that cool got his webelos badge. Mom, you love scouts, I know it. are you going to get your second Eagle with Colin too? Haha

My new area is way cool, but it is really difficult because there are a lot of apartment buildings and stuff. My comp and I have been working in the field, I got transferred to this area because they want one dupla (companionship) to work in the office and the other will be in the streets all day. I am in the second one. On my first day here Pres. Leal said that he had a challenge for me. Because of the new mission pres. coming in July, we are having an emergency transfer on June 1st. President Leal told me my comp. is definitely going to be transferred because he has been in this area 10 months. President Leal told me I had until June 1st to learn the area. Very challenging! My comp is OK, he is a super nerd and really hard to talk to. We have nothing in common, but we are only together another week. My new home is a really nice apartment, I am living in style right now. Haha. Our house is about a 10 minute walk from the office, that is so nice because I can get my mail the day it arrives. The ward here is OK. It is a really rich area and the ward members are a little stuck up. On Sunday none of them really talked to me and if they did it was after my comp said, "Why don't you ask him?" But it should get better. There is one lady who is super nice, she reminds me a lot of Sister Ockey.

We are teaching this mom (Nilda) and daughter (Monique), who are way cool. Nilda is in a wheelchair, she is really spiritual and knows that everything is true but isn't ready to be baptized yet. So we are just waiting for her to tell us she is ready, she comes to church every Sunday and does everything she is suppose to do. But we will just have to wait and see. We also taught Jose'. He is a UFC fighter and could've easily killed us. He came to church last Sunday and loved it. The only problem is that today he is leaving for the city of Bele'm and won't return for at least 3 months. We are hoping he can find the missionaries there and get baptized. That is what he told us he wants to do. Also, I went on a split with one of the secretaries who is an American, we taught this guy, Ricardo. He lived in London for 6 years and speaks fluent English. He asked us to teach him in English. We did, but it was to hard to go back to English.

We found this church here called "Jesus Christ Man." It is a church where the leader thinks he is the resurrected Jesus and everybody was saved after he died on the cross, so it doesn't matter what you do here on earth because you have already been saved. It was way dumb. They use the number 666, they say it is the number of wisdom. Haha

What can I do to protect my head and hair? I need to know this stuff.

I love you all so much, I hope this letter was long enough for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment