Monday, January 24, 2011

January 17, 2011


Esterla, Marcio, Carol, Luiz, Madalena, Juliana, Camila, Elder Van Orden and Me

We have not been affected by the flooding, most of the rain has been on the coast and not inland.  So, we haven't had to worry yet.  The last two days have been over 110 degrees, so yeah, I'm dying of heat.  Haha
This week was really good.  We had a Family Home Evening with Juliana and Carol and it was way good.  Sister Madalena gave a solid message about obedience to the commandments.  The next day we did the pre-baptism interview with Juliana. We found out that she has a problem with smoking and she has been afraid to tell us.  She told us she had been smoking 20 cigarettes a day and now was down to ten, she has really been trying to quit on her own.  We told her we were here to help her.  On Friday she could only smoke 5, Saturday 4, Sunday 3, today 2 and tomorrow will be her last one ever.  She has been doing great!!!  It is awesome, I truly feel like she will stop smoking for the rest of her life!  She has a testimony of everything.  With Carol we just need to help her feel that she is ready and help her recognize her answer from Heavenly Father that this is the true church of Jesus Christ here on the earth.  We are still working hard and trying to find new investigators.
Transfers are next week and this is the first time since I got to Pres Prud that I don't want to be transferred.  I feel like my work here is not done yet, I am hoping I will be able to stay.  I have never felt like this before transfers.  Hopefully, we can accomplish a lot this week before transfers.  I know things will work out right and the Lord will put me where I need to be.
Everything with me and Elder Van Orden is good, nothing to much between us.  Elder Alves still gets on my nerves, but I am just letting him be and not letting it affect me.
I love you all.  Thanks for all the help and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment