Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy Halloween


I know, I have really hairy feet.





So first off, I believe that Brazil has never heard of Halloween in its life and that is just sad.  I think this was the most I have thought about home in a long time, because I love the Halloween season.  All of the scary movies that come out, including my favorite the last SAW movie.  Which was one of the last movies I saw before I left.  But I know this is where I need to be, so I will just keep on keeping on.
This week was a pretty decent week, nothing like super amazing happened.  It was super freaking hot!! And not only that, it decide to rain on us the whole week.  I don't like HOT, HUMID, RAINY weather.  It is just not me at all.
Funny story...Remember the picture of my feet, where they were all super ugly and infected looking?  Yeah, I found out I have athlete's foot.  My the top part of my sandals that I wear in the shower would never get dried out and so the goo was making my feet infected.  Remember how I hate flip flops?  Well, I still hate them, but I had to by a pair to wear in the shower.  I have had  them about a week and my feet are getting better.  I still don't like them, but they are cool glow-in-the-dark!
This week we have taught a ton of people that all seem to have potential, but we are still struggling with getting them to come to church.  Marcelo didn't come to church yesterday and I don't know why!!  We did have one investigator, Samara, come to church yesterday.  But for some reason the branch president decided he wanted to talk to her, they had a like 25 minute talk on I have know idea what.  Now, she isn't sure what to think about the church.  We taught Vera and Gildo the WOW and they said they would totally try to follow it.  They were even going to come to church today and then there kids came from Curbito for the weekend, so they couldn't come.  Guilherme, the guy with the depressed mom, we challenged him to read the BofM.  He said he thought it was way interesting and he would keep reading it.  That would be totally sweet, but we will see how that goes.
Today is transfers and it looks like I will be staying with my comp for at least one more transfer.  I hope I stay here through Thanksgiving because I totally marked our lunch with a lady named Bia.  She lived in the US for 20 years and has an American husband, so that would be an awesome lunch I think. But, yeah, that was my exciting week.
I can't believe the Jazz lost to the Suns.  Elder Ghormley is from Arizona and he is giving me crap now.
I don't have much time left because I was kind of lazy today and now my time is running out.  But I love you all so so so much and I miss you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment