Sunday, November 21, 2010

November 7th, 2010


So funny story, this morning I went to take a shower.  Before I did, I thought to myself why is this annoying piece of paper here in the door that doesn't allow the door to shut correctly.  I think I will take it out.  I took it out and turned the handle a couple of times, everything was good.  Then I shut the door and tried to open it and well, this time it wouldn't open.  I yelled to Elder Ghormley to open it from the other side, that didn't work either.  We spent the next hour (includes taking a shower) trying to open the door.  In the end, we had to take the hinges off the door and the door off the wall.  It was an interesting experience.
I have come to hate the weather in Brazil, because it is just stupid.  One day we are dying of heat, then the next day it rains a freaking ton all day, then the next day it is super hot again and humid.  It is no fun! 
This week has been kind of difficult, a couple of days were just straight up bad.  Tuesday was some sort of holiday.  Nobody was home and if they were home, they were drunk.  We didn't teach a single person that whole day.  On Wednesday, Elder Ghormley's comp went to Londrina for a conference and so we worked in a threesome.  It is always stressful to be in a threesome.  We did work in a new area which could be really good, but it is a little bit far away.  It should be a good idea to try and work there, though.
It sounds like you had a good testimony.  Fast and testimony was good here, too.  It is funny, I think we have a couple of members that only come to church on Fast Sunday to bear their testimonies.  They are always those really interesting ones that you really don't understand.  I was the last one to bear my testimony and I truly felt something different about this one.  I felt like I gave my true testimony, not just the one everybody has and says.  It was a cool experience, several members told me it was a good one.
I sent home a pic with my new pillowcase.  Can you tell the YW thanks for me!
I love you all so, so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment