Saturday, November 27, 2010

November 14th, 2010

I can't believe that my one year mark is here on Thursday.  Today for P-day I am going to get my shirt ready for the burning.  Haha
So, this week Vera and Gildo called me and said they don't want to change their religion. But they would still like us to come over and chit chat.  That made me feel way sad and kind of mad, they both know that this is the true church but because they have been in theirs for so long, they won't make the change.  This happened with 2 others people this week as well.  Marcelo has started avoiding us again and his friend doesn't know what is going on with him.  I am feeling frustrated, annoyed and sad.  I don't know what else we can do for them.  I know I need to remember that it is our responsibility to give them a chance to hear the gospel, but it is their responsibility to accept it.
On Sunday I was asked to give a talk about the important part members play in missionary work.  I told them that we can't do everything by ourselves, we are just two Americans who don't speak the language perfectly and we need their help.  The Branch President told me it was exactly what the members needed to hear.
I can't believe what the Jazz have been doing lately!  They are just crazy!!!
Thanks for everything. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment