Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 8th, 2010

Everything is going great.  Last week was very frustrating, I had to work with a different companion every night after spending 8 hours in the hospital.  There wasn't alot to do in the hospital, we watched a lot of soccer.  We did teach some of the nurses when they had a little extra time.  We just taught them simple stuff like the Book of Mormon, but it was pretty cool.  On Friday Elder Pumphrey went home to Ohio to have surgery.  He has 11 months left on his mission, so he is hoping he can come back.  Now I am comp-less and am just stuck with the secretaries until the pres. finds something to do with me.  I hope he does soon, because I don't really like being stuck in the office all day doing alot of dumb things.

My new president and his family (2 sons; one 16, the other 14) got here last Wednesday.  He is a great guy!  On Friday when Elder Pumphrey went home I spent the whole day with Sister Taveres, and she is awesome too.  I think it should be good, having them the rest of my mission.

This week has been pretty good since Friday.  The secretaries interviewed one of their investigators on Friday and he said that he wasn't ready to be baptized.  On Saturday he called us up and was like "Hey, I want to be baptized today.  I know it is what needs to happen, so lets do it."  That was at 7:00 at night and at 8:30 we had the font full and baptized him.  It was a cool experience and I know that he will be strong on the church.  He wants to bring 7 people with him to church next Sunday, it's awesome.  On Wednesday we had another baptism for a different investigator pf the secs, it went perfect.  And now today we are going to baptize Nilda and Monique.  It is so freakin' wonderful to see them finally baptized, I am so happy for them.

It is crazy to hear about everything happening in the NBA.  I miss baseball a ton.  Last night we had an activity at church and we played a trivia game.  One of the questions was "How many baseball players are on the field at one time?"  Not one person knew the answer, it was sad.

Thanks for everything you do.  Hey, you should tell people to write me letter.  I want letters from other people, you know. Haha

I love you so much

No comments:

Post a Comment