Sunday, July 25, 2010

July 22, 2010

Me, I am wonderful.  But at the same time I do not like my companion much.  He is super annoying and everyday he has something new to tell me that I am doing wrong.  It is irritating, but I have a good spirit and am trying not to let it bother me.  I was so happy about out baptisms.  It is such a great feeling to see the changes in these people's lives as they improve them for the better.  Yeah, Monique's baptism dress was a little bit different, and also it was see through, which was awkward for me when I baptized her.

We had an activity in our ward and everyone came dressed as their celebrity look alike.  One guy came as Obama, it was funny.  He really looked like him.

The guy the secretaries baptized did bring some people to church with him.  We started teaching his brother, but now I am not teaching him because I have my new companion, who is lame, and won't let me visit my recent converts.  But I think this guys bro will be baptized, which is good to see!  This week wasn't a really good one either.  If you can't tell my companion frustrates me, so I just leave him in peace to do his thing.  I do think it is affecting our teaching progress. I know that I am doing what I need to do, and I am not going to drop down to his level just because he wants me to. I am not getting discouraged when things don't go as planned, I just remember to keep my head up and the Lord will put someone in our path who we can help and who also can help us.  Everything is going good for me, so yeah.

President Tavares is great.  President Leal was really a numbers guy and had a lot of random rules.  The new pres. is working to get all the schedules and rules to fit with the guidelines in Preach My Gospel.  He really wants to work hard and expects us all to work hard.  He is easy to talk to and really tries to help when things aren't going correctly.

I guess my birthday day is coming up.  I don't really need anything, some different ties would be cool (I like ones that are bright solid colors), and that toothpaste that I like.  And MT DEW , Elder Carter got that for his birthday, so I would like it too.

Thanks for everything, I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment