Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 14th, 2010

My week has been good, Last week was like super amazing, because everything went perfectly with the baptism of Nilda and Monique.  Nilda is missing the part of the bone in her thigh that connects to her hip.  So she can walk and stand a little.  Elder Villela baptized Nilda. But I stood in the water with them, just in case something went wrong and he needed help lifting her back up.  After Nilda was done, I baptized Monique and everything went perfectly!

I did finally receive my new comp, #11 if you count all of my MTC comps. His name is Elder Alves, he is OK but kind of strange and awkward to talk to and stuff, but I think that it will be pretty good.  It is good to be out of the office, what a boring job.  When I was there all I did was put baptism records into the computer and stuff Elder Carter didn't want to do.

Yesterday was a difficult day for me,  It was my first day back out in the field in several weeks.  We spent all day walking around and clapping at gates(here you don't knock on doors, you clap at the gate.)  We clapped at about 80 gates, and of those 80 about 65 answered, and of those 65 only 1 let us teach a lesson and 7 gave us info to come back another day.  It was just a long and tiring day of walking around and doing a lot of nothing.  I am hoping when we go back to those 7 people, they will be accepting of the gospel.  I guess we will just have to wait and see how that goes.

Koufos for Al Jefferson, that is a fantastic trade.  Jefferson is one of the best power forwards in the league, he was just on the wrong team.  Way to go McCann!  Always good when it is a Braves player being the hero.

I'm glad everything worked out with Bryson's call, it would be horrible if he couldn't leave until September.

It is crazy how fast the time keeps flying out here.  8 months already, only 16 more to go!  I'm sending a few more pics.  I love you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment