Sunday, June 13, 2010

June 9th, 2010

Everything here in Brazil is OK. I think I am coming down with the flu, I have had a sore throat, headache, body aches. I found some Tamiflu in my suitcase and started taking it, hopefully it will work quickly. All I feel like doing right now is going home and going back to bed.
I am still living in the same place as I was before, Elder Franco and I live with the two secretaries. It is nice because they bring my mail to me, so I get it the same day. It is kind of hard because they used to just have the secretaries here, so there wasn't as much work proselyting. The members here are trying to get used to feeding us, when it was just the secretaries they would normally just give them money for lunch. Sometimes it is really good, but sometimes they forget about us. After lunch we give the family a lesson. I use a lot of the scriptures you have emailed in my lessons. Londrina is a really nice city, very modern for Brazil. It is nice because we have access to everything we need and everything is easy to find. But it is a bad area because the people here don't really need anything and they are kind of prideful, so it is hard to teach lessons.
We are still teaching Nilda and Monique, they are way cool. Nilda told us that she is going to decide on a day to be baptized and she would tell us today, so I am very excited. We think Monique will decide to be baptized the same day as her mom, so that makes us happy!! We are teaching a couple, Fernando and Bia. We are trying to help them get married and then be baptized. But Fernando smokes and he is having a hard time giving that up. We are really trying to work with them. I can't believe how many people I have already met who want to be baptized but can't quit smoking. I don't think I ever realized how addictive smoking really is.
Mom, I guess what I am still buying, even in Brazil? CD's! They are Brazilian artists, it's pretty sweet. I can't listen to them, but I have heard some of the music in homes and places we are at. so I am going to have a lot of music to add to my Ipod when I get home.
YEAH Braves!!!! I hope they continue to be good, that is awesome.
Tell Colin to keep working hard at baseball and swimming, the harder he works the better he will get. I miss Tulo a ton. That is cool that he loves the water, Pebbles hated it. Everyone here has a dog and I am always playing with them
Thank you all for the continued love and support, It really means a whole lot to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment