Monday, June 21, 2010

June 15, 2010

Everything truly is wonderful. I don't have the flu anymore, the tamiflu must have worked. The other two elders I live with are: Elder Carter, an American and Elder Villela, a Brazilian. They are nice, but they are way strict. They don't like to just have fun in the house, they are kind of party poopers. We have been able to watch the World Cup, we have watched Brazil and the USA. During the Brazil games everything closes down and everyone watches the game, so there is no way we could teach. No one would even let us in their house.

Thank you for the package. My weight has stayed pretty steady since I have been in the field. Except when I get a package that is full of sweets and stuff that makes me want to snack. Thanks for the Peanut Butter, there is a lady that uses it to make us Bom Bom. It tastes like homemade Reese's, they are way good. I don't know if I can make the cake because we don't have a pan or measuring cups, but we will try to figure out a way.

The language is actually quite good. My comp doesn't speak any English, just a few phrases people have taught him. He tells me that I speak very well, he thinks I will be a trainer next transfer. I would like to be a trainer, but I am not sure I am ready for that yet. I still am not totally confident in the language. We have found anyone new to teach, but we are working on it.

But this week has been good. Nilda and Monique will be baptized on June 26th. We are so happy they have finally made this decision. They are so great. It will be an interesting baptism, because the mom is missing part of the bone on her leg and she is in a wheelchair. So I think my comp and I will both have to be in the water during the baptism. But it will be good, I know it!!

Way to go Colin, that's the way to hit the ball!!! Just remember to keep that confidence in yourself, keep up the good work and stay strong. Oh yeah, that reminds, will you send me a baseball? I really want to have one with me. THANKS!!

I love you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment