Sunday, December 19, 2010

December 13th, 2010

This Wednesday Elder Araujo, from the seventies,  is coming to the mission to speak at a conference.  I am so excited because I will be going to Marilia and staying in the house in the area Palmital.  I finally get to go back to my first area!!  Hopefully, I will get to see some of the people from there.
Things with our investigators are like good and then bad and then good again. We found out that Guilherme's drinking problem is worse than we thought.  He actually slept a day in the street this week and come home totally hammered.  It is sad because he is only 19 and has had such a hard life.  I think he really wants to change, but doesn't know how.  Our other investigator, Juliana, is really cool.  During the Plan of Salvation lesson, she just started crying.  She told us that she did not know that she would actually be able to see her parents again.  We are teaching a lady named Carol who is dating a less active member.  She came to church last week with his family, even though he didn't come.  We have taught her a couple of times, but it wasn't until yesterday that I noticed how truly interested she seems in the church.
I haven't been very good at writing letters, tell Grandma and the Lamb's thanks for the birthday packages and I will try to write a letter.
Elder Galdino said he got a Christmas package from you.  But nothing for me yet.  Haha.  I still have hope I will get mine in time.  Transfers are tomorrow and who knows what will happen.  If I am still here I am going to the Branch Presidents house for Christmas and will have you call me there.  But I could get transferred.  I'll let you know next week.
Can't wait to talk to you!  I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment