Monday, December 6, 2010

November 29th, 2010

Elder Ghormley is getting transferred!
I can't believe it has been so cold in Utah.  Mom, I would give anything right now to be able to be somewhere it is cold.  It is soooooo hot here.
Thanksgiving was really good.  We had it with Bia and Guy.  Guy is an American, so Bia made us a real Thanksgiving dinner.  Except we had chicken instead of turkey (turkey is way to expensive). But we had real mashed potatoes with gravy, something that Brazil knows nothing about. And lasagna, which was the only weird part about it.  You guys had 12 pies?  Man, i wanted some chocolate pie on thanksgiving so bad. Haha. So the other day we were listening to Christmas music, but it just doesn't not feel like Christmas season when you are sweating like none other!
This week things were a lot better.  The young man, Guilherme, is getting way interested and told us that he needs a church in his life.  It seems like he is in a rough situation and I really want to help him find a way to better it.  Also we are teaching a lady named Edna, who talks like none other.  It is very hard to teach a lesson that isn't an hour long.  But yesterday, we read 3 Nephi 11 with her and as we talked about the baptism part, she was like "I think that once I visit I will know better, but I think I want to be baptized and follow this church."  I was like WHAT?!?!?!!  It was so awesome; she is a way good person, she prays every night and is reading the Book of Mormon.  I'm not sure if I will, but I truly hope I stay here one more transfer.  Transfers end the 11th or 12th.  I don't want to leave yet, because if I do I will not see these good people get baptized.  Back to some investigators.  So, Juliana we went back to talk to her again and she actually was taught by the missionaries 13 years ago.  But now she has a lot more desire to understand.  When we taught her the Book of Mormon she couldn't wait to start reading it.  so that should be pretty good.
So, now some sad news of the week.  We are having another emergency transfer.  My new friend that I made out here, Elder Ghormley, is going to be transferred.  It really sucks, because we have become such good friends.  And his replacement does NOT make me happy.  His replacement is....Elder Alves..., I was not happy to hear that name again.  I guess we will see how that goes.  At least he is not my companion, and
Elder Van Orden and I get along really well.

I love you all so, so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment