Thursday, August 12, 2010

August 4th, 2010

This week we helped some members paint their house.  They have been remodeling and needed help with the painting, it was some fun stuff.  I think this was the first time I have ever painted walls.  I was pretty good at it.
Things with my companion have gotten a little better, but at the same time not really.  We aren't fighting as much,  but we do not agree on how to teach people.  For some reason he likes to teach The Law of Chastity on the second visit, sometimes the first visit.  I feel like we should start with The Plan of Salvation and The Restoration.  When they have felt the spirit and have a testimony of these things, they understand why having a family would be so important and then it is much easier for them to understand The Law of Chastity.  We have lost a lot of really good investigators because of this.  But he has his mind set on it and he will not change.  Sometimes it is very frustrating.
It has rained a lot lately.  On Monday it decided to rain a butt load.  I got poured on once before lunch and  the two more times after lunch.  It was crazy and I didn't have an umbrella, mine broke in Marilia and I haven't ever replaced it.  Haha
Tomorrow I have my first interview with President Tavares, that should be good.
Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment