Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August 19th, 2010

I can't believe I'm at 9 months, everything is flying by so fast!  It is so good to be in Pres Prud, my new comp is way cool.  We are very similar in a lot of things like music and such, so it gives us something to talk about.  He is from Sao Paulo.  His whole family are members, they joined the church about 10 years ago.  But Elder Almeida says he did have a little bit of a rebellious period, he is 25 years old.  My new area is really good.  It is not very hilly, so that is good.  The only problem is that a lot of times the members just give us money for lunch, instead of having us over.  My companion says it is really easy to lose weight here.  It is about 15-20 degrees hotter here than in Londrina.  But it feels like summer in Utah because it is not as humid and rainy as other areas.  I live in a pretty big apartment, we live with two other elders who are both American.
We are teaching a few new people.  we are teaching a 15 year old kid named Antonio, he is way cool and progressing so much.  But it is just hard to get him excited to visit the church.  We also found a family of three who have been looking for a new church.  We just need to help them feel the spirit and know that this is the true church.
Wow, they are going to put Colin at tight end and linebacker.  I always thought you had to be big to play those positions.  Haha, I guess he is tall.
Mom, that is cool that you met up with your old friends.  I hope Bryson, Jacoby and my other friends are like that.
Yes, you should totally send Elder Galdino a package.  That would make him so happy!
Thank you Mom and family for everything that you do for me and for all of your support.  I truly don't think I could have made it these past 9 months if it wasn't for you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment