Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 7, 2010

Everything here in Brazil is great! It is starting to get a little bit cold, but I'm used to it and actually I like it a lot more. Easter was good, we didn't do anything special, except go to conference. I was able to watch it in English and thought it was an amazing conference. I loved all the talks. My favorite was Elder Holland's, it really hit me hard. My Portuguese is getting a lot better, but I am not fluent yet. I am able to have better conversations with people than I was before, which I really like.

Yesterday was transfer day, and everyone was telling me that I would be leaving. I didn't want to leave because I love my area and my comp. My companion is so helpful and just a great guy. But nobody in my house left!! I am still with all three of the same people.

This past week has been pretty good. Elder Galdino and I have been spending most of our time teaching the two families that are getting ready to be baptized. Two of the people have a smoking problem, they want to quit but haven't been able to. My companion told them that he knows of a tea that after drinking it 99 out of 100 people will stop smoking. So we made it for them, all the tea is is water and 5 cigarettes, yes cigarettes! They drank it and almost puked, but it helped them understand what they are putting into their bodies when they smoke. Neither has smoked for 3 days, it is so awesome. I am so happy because I will get to see them baptized. The other family is good, they just need to go to church a few more time and then they will be baptized, we hope on April 18th.

I need you to send me a new razor. There is a man in the ward that loves American things, so I traded him my razor and a tube of toothpaste for a machete!! I now own a really big knife, it is awesome! But I need a razor.

Yes!!! Go Braves!!! I miss not bring able to watch or hear anything about baseball, or basketball for that matter. I'll I hear about is soccer, soccer, soccer. I don't really like it, so thanks for the updates.

Next week I will send some pics, I forgot my camera today. I love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment