Friday, September 17, 2010

September 8, 2010



This Week:
Wednesday:  Last p-day was really boring, everyone was just super tired.  After we emailed, everybody just went back home and slept. Haha  We were able to teach Antonio the other day, but he is so like not caring anymore.  I think that we are going to have to cut him.
Thursday:  Was a really awesome day.  We taught two lessons, that were both super spiritual.  The first was with Valeria, she is the daughter of a recent convert.  She was telling us about her life and how she just wants to change.  She is getting on the right path, her only problem is getting her to come to church.  Afterwords we taught Marcelo, he is a friend of a guy in the branch.  He told us his life experience and how he hasn't truly felt happy in a long time until now.  He knows he will be baptized, he just needs to feel 100% prepared.  After teaching him we went and played volleyball with the ward.  I totally dominate at volleyball I have decided.  It's awesome.
Friday:  We walked a ton this day, but it was a good day.  We taught Maria Eugena.  She is the mom of our 2nd counselor, she is way cool but a little flaky at times.  After teaching her we went back to the church.  We were suppose to have some people there to teach, but they didn't come.  So instead we just went and played soccer with everybody.  My team was suppose to be the weakest team, but we did the best.  I played goalie which made everyone laugh at first.  They didn't think an American could play goalie.  Well, all I have to say is I proved them wrong. Haha
Saturday:  This was our day that we found the perfect family!! Married 17 years, 2 kids.  Lesson goes perfect,  they say they want to be baptized and everything.  But we try to go back afterwards and they aren't home, try again another day and still aren't home.  It sucks because the spirit was so strong in the lesson with them.  I hope we find them again soon.
Sunday:  I need to talk about lunch.  We had lunch at our Branch President's house, it was super cool.  I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time.  He has a 12 year old daughter named Bia.  She was just talking, talking the whole time.  She reminded me of a girl version of Colin, haha.  I don't know how to explain exactly what she said.  But she was way funny.
Monday:  This was the day my comp got really irritated.  I'm not sure why, I think it has to do with the flakiness of our investigators.  So I am just trying to let him chillax a little.  But at night we had a FHE and I gave a lesson about baptism using strawberry juice and this stuff you use to wash clothes (don't know the name in English). But it was really cool because the clothes washer stuff makes the juice turn clear.  It explains the importance of baptism really well.
**I guess Colton was not familiar with Clorox before he got to Brazil.
Tuesday:  Yesterday all 6 missionaries worked in the same area.  I worked with Elder Ribero, who is pretty much the fastest talker in the world!!!  It was hard for me to understand him, but we went to visit some of his investigators and it went quite well.  That night we had a Brazilian BBQ, Churrasco.  We had some good beef, chicken, sausage and good old chicken hearts.  It reminded me of Tucano's with out the pineapple.
Mom, golfing is never fun unless Brian gets mad and throws a club or two.  At least he let you drive the golf cart, just don't let him push you out.
Hey, I promised all the elders in my district that on September 20th I would take them to the best barbecue place in Pres Prud.  Can you make sure I have money to cover that.  I can't believe you have sent me 10 packages since I have been in Brazil.  I feel so loved, I think you should go for the record.
I love you all so so so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment