Friday, March 18, 2011

January 30th, 2011

So, yes I did end up getting transferred. I got transferred to the city Bauru, it's still in São Paulo. I'm with Elder Moake, he is kinda new on the mission and is from Orem. Crazy story for you, he went to Vineyard and wel,l he was actually in my kindergarten and 1st grade class. I didn't remember that at all but he did, it was crazy. Also, do you remember a girl named Erica Nielson, she would be my age and lives where we lived in Orem by Dallas Neath? He is friends with her. We have a lot of people that we both know. Also so some other crazy stuff has happened with this transfer. I became a District Leader. It's kind of difficult because now I have a lot more responsiblities. The only sad thing is I will have no clue what happens with all of my old investigators until I see Elder Van Orden and can ask him what happened.  I just have to wait and see.
Bauru is pretty cool, it's not nearly has hot as Pres Prud and that is a good thing. It is a ward here, but not a very strong one. Our attendance yesterday was 55 which is really quite weak. We have some pretty good investigators. We have a kid named André who is going to be baptized on Saturday. We have taught him 4 times and he is just like perfect. He gave up coffee because a member told him if he did that he would get his answer and he did. So, pretty much just perfect. Also we found this family who lived in the states for 15 years and even had a son while there. When we go there we teach them in English and they came to church yesterday! Roberto, the dad, even cried during Sacrament meeting. That is who we have right now, but I can tell that this area will actually be a really good area, especially where we are working now. So, yeah, that is my big news for the week, that now I have to work even harder as a District Leader. Haha
Sorry my email is a lil lame, but everything here for me is good and I don't need anything. Thanks for all of the support. Jk, I need body wash and some deodorant, not a lot but a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment