Friday, January 22, 2010

January 18, 2010


So I just arrived in Londrina yesterday morning at about 7. I flew in with Elder Hodges (my comp from the Provo MTC) and 2 brazis. It was way cool, we met and had lunch over at the mission presidents house. It was very good. I found out who my trainer was there and which area I would be in, but I didn't come out to my area until today. Last night I stayed with two other elders who were leaving the next day. It was way cool , we went and taught this family about the 10 commandments. My companions said that I would just read a couple of scriptures and bear my testimony at the end, but then one of the daughters asked them if I could explain the next commandment about coveting. It was so, so, so hard. I guess I did a good job because they said they understood me. It was really hard to go to sleep, they had me put a mattress on the floor and sleep there. It was way hard because the place we were staying was in bad shape and there were bugs everywhere. I think I had like 4 cockroaches around me somewhere. It was very different from what I am used to, but my new home is a lot better. Thus morning I came out to my area, which is Marila. It is way pretty here and my dad (that is what you call your trainers I guess; ha,ha) is way cool! His name is Elder Silva and I am going to kill him (that means this is his last transfer.) He can speak English pretty good, but it is cool because he will ask me a question in English and I will answer in Portuguese. It is very helpful and he says that I can speak the language really well, which is a big boost for me!

So, yeah, everything is great. I love you all and miss you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment